Botanica is an island, but almost all of the island is taken up by the Tree.
Little knowing how they came to be here, small communities live around the coast line. The Tree provides them shelter, kindling, medicine-and a place of legends, for there are ghosts within the trees who snatch children and the dying.
Lillah has come of age and is now ready to leave her community and walk the tree for five years, learning all Botanica has to teach her. Before setting off, Lillah is asked by the dying mother of a young boy to take him with her. In a country where a plague killed half the population, Morace will otherwise be killed in case he has the same disease. But can Lillah keep the boy’s secret, or will she have to resort to breaking the oldest taboo on Botanica?
Walking the Tree has a companion young teen chapbook title Morace’s Story, published by IFWG.
- Walking the Tree
- Author: Kaaron Warren
- Australian English
- ISBN: 978-1-922556-48-6
- RRP: UK £13.99 AU$24.95 US$17.99 EU €15.99
- Publisher: IFWG Publishing Australia
- Dark Fantasy Novel; mature readers
- 310 pages – paperback English
- Binding: Perfect bound
- Dimensions: 229mm x 152mm
- eBook Formats: Kindle (all geographies except North America); remaining formats to be advised
- Key Words: Dark Fantasy; rites of passage
- Publication Date: 4 April 2022 (15 June 2022 for USA and Canada)
- Distributor: (Australia/NZ) Novella Distributors; (North America) SPU/IPG; (UK/Europe) Gazelle; (elsewhere) Neilsen/Ingram