To lead or to breed? Calista has this choice, but before she can make a decision she needs to leave the protection of the tunnels and chance her life outside, where radiation kills and people wither – so she is told. Who can she believe – her father or the MICs (Men In Charge)?
Fear battles with her desire for adventure, and if she stays another insemination looms.
Set in dystopian New Zealand, post a Nuclear Dawn, this is a story of growth and discovery and the realisation that things aren’t always as they seem.
- The Carbonite’s Daughter
- Young Adult Science Fiction/Dystopian
- Author: Deryn Pittar
- New Zealand English
- ISBN: 978-1-922556-40-0
- RRP: UK £11.99 AU$19.95 US$14.99 EU €12.99
- Publisher: IFWG Publishing Australia
- 204 pages – paperback, English
- Binding: Perfect bound
- Dimensions: 229mm x 152mm
- eBook Formats: Amazon (Non-US/Canada); Amazon (US/Canada); Kobo; IPG Books (epub North America); Nook Book; more coming soon.
- Key Words: Young Adult fiction, Dystopian, Post-Holocaust, New Zealand, Mature YA
- Publication Date: 7 February 2022
- Distributor: (Australia/NZ) Novella Distributors; (North America) SPU/IPG; (UK/Europe) Gazelle; (elsewhere) Neilsen/Ingram