Shadows on the Wall contains the very best of Paulsen’s dark and weird tales, plus stunning new fiction written expressly for this volume.
- Glimpse a future where population controls force families into terrible choices.
- Visit Colonial British India and experience the awakening of an eldritch horror.
- Walk the steaming jungles of Vietnam alongside the spirits of the forest.
- Light an ancient oil lamp but beware, the shadows on the wall.
Steven Paulsen’s stories have appeared in award-winning anthologies, and have been published around the world.
“What an exceptional collection… What stands out in all of Paulsen’s works, from the flash to the long stories–is an unabashed depth of emotion, without a speck of melodrama or reader manipulation. The characters and settings don’t seem as if they’re constructed, everything is so alive, but also raw… It shouldn’t be, but it’s all too rare to find fiction that is sad and loving and beautiful, uncynical, yet fully engaged in the problems and tragedies of the world on a global down to the most personal levels.” – Anna Tambour, award-winning Author
- Shadows on the Wall: Weird Tales of Science Fiction, Fantasy, and the Supernatural
- Author: Steven Paulsen; Artwork (cover and frontispiece) by Shaun Tan
- Short Fiction Collection: weird and dark fiction, including horror
- Australian English
- ISBN: 978-1-925496-44-4 (North America: 978-1-925496-57-4)
- RRP: UK £10.99 AU$29.95 US$14.99 EU €12.99
- Publisher: IFWG Publishing Australia (IFWG Publishing International in North America)
- Mature Readers
- 220 pages
- Binding: Trade Paperback
- Dimensions: 229mm x 152mm
- eBook Formats: Amazon, iBook, epub-Booktopia
- Key Words: Dark Fantasy, horror, weird, short fiction, collection
- Publication Date: January 2018
- Distribution: (Australia) Dennis Jones & Associates; (North America) IPG/SPU; (other geographies) Ingram