Peripheral Visions is a unique, award-winning reference collection that includes all of Robert Hood’s 44 ghost stories to date, three of them especially written for this volume. These memorable tales display Hood’s uncanny ability to make the fantastic real, to embrace weirdness and create human characters whose lives – both inner and outer – haunted by mortality, are laid bare and revealed to be our own worst nightmares. Ranging from melancholy reflection on life and death, through disquieting tales of dark humour and vengeance, to chilling visions of ghostly apocalypse.
Hood’s stories are sure to draw you into a terrifying world that in the end is revealed to be irrefutably our own. Though many of these stories draw on the traditions of the past, they are far from traditional in approach.
As you turn each page remember this: not everything here is as it seems. There’s always something more, barely glimpsed, out there on the periphery.
This hardcover edition (with spectacular jacket designed by renowned artist Nick Stathopoulos), has seven unique, chilling illustrations by Nick Stathopoulos).
- Peripheral Visions: The Collected Ghost Stories
- Author: Robert Hood
- 7 Internal illustrations by Nick Stathopoulos (this edition only)
- Australian English
- ISBN: 978-1-925148-65-7
- RRP: UK £24.99 AU$44.99 US$34.99 EU €29.99
- Publisher: IFWG Publishing Australia (SQ Mag)
- Mature Readers
- 824 pages
- Binding: cloth bound with jacket
- Dimensions: 234mm x 156mm
- eBook Formats: Kindle format only
- Key Words: Horror/Dark Fantasy – Ghost Stories (short fiction collection)
- Publication Date: Single Volume Edition, April 2015
- Distributor: Ingram
LINKS to the two volume trade paperback version:
- Volume 1 (containing the first 3 of the 6 sections)
- Volume 2 (containing the second 3 of the 6 sections)