Charlotte Pudding, computer psychologist and recent orphan, is not precisely thrilled with her lot in life (and not just because of the ‘orphan’ bit).
Nevertheless, having her routine disrupted by a shadowy corporation, a man who claims to be a retired god, and the secrets of her own family history isn’t a walk in the park, either.
Charlotte’s quest for answers will lead her on a perilous journey into a religion based on quantum physics, a hunt for unexpectedly rare plant oil, and a fight to the shame against a black-belt in sarcasm.
In a world that runs on peace and harmony, Charlotte is about to discover just how far some people are prepared to go to maintain tranquillity.
- Engines of Empathy
- Book 1, The Drakeforth Series
- Author: Paul Mannering
- Winner of the Sir Julius Vogel Award for best novel
- novel, fantasy, humour
- New Zealand English
- ISBN: 978-1-925496-65-9
- RRP: UK £15.99 AU$24.95 EU €12.99 US$13.99
- Publisher: IFWG Publishing Australia
- 192 pages
- Binding: Trade Paperback
- Dimensions: 229mm x 152mm
- eBook Formats: Amazon AU, Nook Book, iBook, Amazon US, Kobo
- Key Words: Fantasy, Humour, Satire
- Publication Date: March 2018
- Distribution: (Australia/NZ) Novella Distributors; (North America) SPU/IPG; (UK/Europe) Gazelle; (elsewhere) Neilsen/Ingram