Chaos’ latest game is positively epic. Just look at the trailer: the hero Bastion Axestone striding through the city streets, fireballs exploding around him and zombies staggering in his wake. Seb can’t wait to play it. He downloads the works. Explosive effects, 3D upgrade, heavy metal soundtrack and a subliminal quotient—whatever that is.
But the next day, Seb and his friends wake up to an apocalypse. Their teachers are missing in action, coach doesn’t come to practice, and Seb’s dad spends all day in his pyjamas. Even worse, not only has Mum not been in to work, she hasn’t bothered to brush her teeth. It’s beginning to look as if every grown-up in Bridgetown—possibly the entire world—has been zombified. They’re obsessed with their personal electronic devices and it’s all Seb’s fault because he’s the one who downloaded the game in the first place. Now, he has to fix it. But how? It’s not as if he can un-download the game. Along with his best mate, Darren, and Talia, The Prettiest Girl in School, Seb has to figure out how to reverse the effect of the computer virus. But in the meantime, the zombies need feeding, Seb’s little sister, Ava, needs minding, and someone has to walk the dog…
- Dawn of the Zombie Apocalypse
- Author: Lee Murray
- NZ English
- ISBN: 978-1-925956-10-8
- RRP: UK £9.99 AU$23.95 US$13.99 EU €10.99
- Publisher: IFWG Publishing Australia
- Young Teen: Zombie/Horror
- 168 pages – paperback English
- Binding: Perfect bound
- Dimensions: 229mm x 152mm
- eBook Formats: Preorder (except North America): Kindle. North America coming soon.
- Key Words: Young teen fiction, horror, zombies, apocalyptic fiction
- Publication Date: 7 October 2019 (world-wide)
- Distributor: (Australia/NZ) Novella Distributors; (North America) SPU/IPG; (UK/Europe) Gazelle; (elsewhere) Neilsen/Ingram