In the coastal Queensland town of Midnight Cove, thirteen-year-old Curtis Creed’s world is falling apart.
Once a talented upcoming surfer, he cannot bring himself to return to the ocean. His inability to overcome his fear earns him the ridicule of his older brother, Dylan. Worse, his family is struggling to cope with the loss of their father in a rock fishing accident.
The summer holiday looks long and lonely for Curtis until he meets Navaya, a mysterious sea dweller he rescues from fishing line in a rock pool.
When Curtis agrees to help Navaya find the Moami, the key to an undersea cavern hiding her people’s most precious secrets, he embarks on a dangerous quest that sees him join forces with awkward but brilliant new girl in town, Morgan.
Will Curtis be able to overcome his fears to return the Moami to its rightful owners before Navaya’s enemies succeed in their deadly mission? Was his father’s death really an accident? And what exactly is the lore of the ocean?
- Curtis Creed and the Lore of the Ocean
- Author: Rebecca Fraser
- ISBN: 978-1-925759-03-7
- RRP: UK £12.99 AU$19.95 US$10.99 EU €10.99
- Publisher: IFWG Publishing Australia
- Young Teen: Contemporary Fantasy Novel
- 118 pages – paperback English
- Binding: Perfect bound
- Dimensions: 229mm x 152mm
- eBook Formats: Amazon
- Key Words: Young Adult fiction, heroic fantasy, surfing, sea
- Publication Date: 7 June 2018
- Distributor: (Australia/NZ) Novella Distributors; (UK/Europe) Gazelle; (elsewhere) Neilsen/Ingram