They are superhuman champions: hyper-charged, meta-guardians of humanity; protecting the innocent from the corrupt, saving us from the sadistic; shielding us from human or inhuman evil in all its forms.
But, what if the gleaming smile from the chiseled jaw was actually the animalistic baring of teeth? What if THEY were the nightmare threat? They are not superheroes, but superhorrors!
This dark potential is revealed as we present tales of shock and the macabre from a roster that includes some of the greatest creative minds from the realms of fantasy, science fiction, horror and comic-books. What sort of dark and chilling fates arise when those with powers far beyond mere mortals are the central figures not in tales of triumph, but of terror?
- Caped Fear: Superhuman Horror Stories
- Editors: Steve Proposch, Christopher Sequeira and Bryce Stevens
- 16 short fiction pieces (super hero/horror/weird), introduction by Mark Waid
- Australian, US and UK English
- ISBN: 978-1-922556-39-4
- RRP: UK £13.99 AU$24.95 US$17.99 EU €14.99
- Publisher: IFWG Publishing Australia
- Mature Readers
- 312 pages
- Binding: Trade Paperback
- Dimensions: 229mm x 152mm
- eBook Formats: Amazon (all geographies except USA/Canada), Nook Book, iBook, Amazon US, Kobo (all other formats available soon)
- Key Words: Super Heroes, horror, weird, anthology
- Publication Date: 19 February 2022 (21 April 2022 in North America)
- Distribution: (Australia/NZ) Novella Distributors; (North America) SPU/IPG; (UK/Europe) Gazelle; (elsewhere) Neilsen/Ingram