“It is called the Elemental Control. And it is failing. The elements are mere ghosts of their full forces. And, as it fails Delphi, I start to die. I need you to save me, the future of your home, and a very powerful boy.”
Earth, fire, water, wind. Four elements that make up everything Delphi knows to be normal. All her life, she has been a servant to a mysterious man named The Master – until The Master comes to her island home and asks her to undertake a dangerous task in the far-off, elemental lands.
Delphi is alone in places with strange secrets and rules, with the fate of her world on her shoulders, and although she makes many friends she also attracts more dangerous attention…
Leo has never known home – and he isn’t exactly a normal boy. When he is kidnapped by a nameless man who tries to force Leo to reveal his powers, he finds he has nobody he can turn to – except a girl in his dreams called Delphi…
Can Delphi find the Elemental Stones to bring the Control back into balance? Will she get to Leo’s prison in time? And, when faced with the ultimate challenge, can Delphi find the inner strength to save everything she loves?
A story about courage, friendship and finding where you belong.
- Against The Elements
- Author: Esme Carpenter
- UK English
- ISBN: 978-1-925148-35-0
- RRP: UK £11.99 AU$17.99 US$31.95 EU €13.99
- Publisher: IFWG Publishing Australia (SQ Mag)
- Juvenile Fantasy Novel
- (12 and older)
- 320 pages – paperback English
- Binding: Perfect bound
- Dimensions: 229mm x 152mm
- eBook Formats: As part of IFWG’s transition to a new Distributor, there will be a short wait for ebook availability
- Key Words: Juvenile Fiction – Fantasy
- Publication Date: UK Edition, August 2014.
- Distributor: Australia: Dennis Jones & Associates; Other geographies: Ingram